Re: [Nmh-workers] repl doesn't like return address

From: Jeffrey Honig
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] repl doesn't like return address
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:01:54 -0400

I run into this at work, primarily from a co-worker running Mutt.  While I pointed out that this is not valid and pointed to the spec, he has not fixed it as it does not break for anyone else.

How hard would it be to enhance the code to not error out in this situation.  There is a valid e-mail address present.

"Be conservative in what you send and liberal in what you accept"

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <address@hidden>
http://www.honig.net/jch

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:
>       From: first.last <address@hidden>
>
>produce an error like this:
>
>repl: bad addresses:
>       first.last <address@hidden> -- no at-sign after local-part (<)

That is, technically, not a valid address.  The 'real name' part should
contain quotes around it.  Although I thought we silently fixed those
up, and have done so for a very long time ... but that code might only
deal with a trailing '.' on a phrase (like Mr Foo P. Bar).