Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:47:28 +0100

Hi David,

> Norm wrote:
> > How do I get mhshow to use my current browser for html parts?
> If you want to use a graphical browser, this should work:
>
>     mhshow: -noconcat
>     mhshow-show-text/html: firefox %F

Can't recall if it's been discussed before, but feeding HTML into a text
browser tends to have the side-effect of ignoring any undesirable HTML,
e.g. its Javascript, whereas feeding it into Firefox or similar is
asking the browser to run the whole thing.  I suspect webmail services
like Gmail sanitise or sandbox the HTML rather than just interpolate it
into the web page they're producing!

This suggests those wanting to open a tab in their graphical browser
need something that will white-list just the decent bits through first.