Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 21:41:49 -0400

Norm wrote:

> How do I get mhshow to use my current browser for html parts? If
> there is no way for nmh to know determine my current browser,

There isn't.

> how do I tell that to nmh?

I have this in my profile, to use the lynx text browser for html:

    mhshow: -noconcat
    mhshow-show-text/html: lynx -force_html -child -nolist %F

If you want to use a graphical browser, this should work:

    mhshow: -noconcat
    mhshow-show-text/html: firefox %F

(Or replace "firefox" with your current browser and any arguments.)

%p now behaves as %l in mhshow display strings.  And %F
doesn't need quotes because mhshow quotes it internally.