Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhshow to invoke my browser for html parts
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:01:21 -0400

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:
    >> Is "open" actually safe against postscript/word/etc. trojans?

    > We're talking about a part which gets written out with a .html extension,
    > which is was "open" uses to determine the application to use.  I don't
    > see an obvious problem in this case, but I could be wrong.

I believe that open will examine the contents of the file an invoke the right
application to read it.  On OSX, it could be that it only invokes the
application associated with the resource type of the file, but I am skeptical
about that.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [