[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Nmh-workers] corruption when attaching all-null files

From: Paul Fox
Subject: [Nmh-workers] corruption when attaching all-null files
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 12:06:29 -0400

in testing the marker line format, i created a bunch of files of
varying sizes in order to attach them.  by chance, i used dd from
/dev/zero to create the files, so they all consist of null characters.

it turns out that when i attach such a file, something goes wrong, and
i end up with the mime header for the attachment, but an empty part, and
mhlist complains about "bogus multipart content"

if i attach many such files, i get mangled content, looking a log like
buffer overflow.

if i change all the nulls to ^C chars  ("sed -i 's/\x00/\x03/g' testfile*")
then everything seems to work correctly.

i haven't dug further.  and this is on master.  i also haven't tested
the 1.6 branch.

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 60.3 degrees)

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]