[Nmh-workers] extra and missing blank lines with replyfilter

From: Joel Uckelman
Subject: [Nmh-workers] extra and missing blank lines with replyfilter
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:51:58 -0700

I finally got fed up with all the garbage in replies to quoted-printable
messages, so decided to try out replyfilter just now. I have this in my
mhl.reply:

from:nocomponent,formatfield="Thus spake %(decode(friendly{text})):"
body:nocomponent,format,nowrap,formatarg="%(trim{content-type})%(putstr)",formatarg="%(trim{content-transfer-encoding})%(putstr)",formatarg=">
 "

What I'm seeing when I reply to a quoted printable message from a friend
of mine is the "Thus spake" line, followed by six blank >-quoted lines,
followed by the (un-q-p'd) text of the original message, but with all of
the blank lines (e.g., the lines between paragraphs!) removed.

So, it looks something like this:

Thus spake Joel's Friend:

> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam mattis
> libero sem, at feugiat dolor. Donec aliquet nulla in metus tristique
> vel interdum sem pellentesque. Morbi eu porta felis. Etiam in risus
> eget metus aliquam aliquet laoreet quis tellus. Aenean rhoncus lacinia
> lectus.
> Suspendisse potenti. Duis fringilla commodo fermentum. Aliquam erat
> volutpat. Nulla luctus sapien eget dolor tempor non porttitor mauris

and so on.

There are definitely not six blank lines in the original message before
the text starts, and there are definitely blank lines between paragraphs.

Am I misusing replyfilter? Is this a bug?

--
J.