Re: [Nmh-workers] Dodgy $LINK in generated Makefile

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Dodgy $LINK in generated Makefile
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:00:52 -0500

>Not when you have things like -Wa,foo, the -X family, and the like.
>I've always maintained a distinction between CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, using
>the latter exclusively during the linking step.  It just seems cleaner
>to me to do it that way.

Well, let me ask this ... is it actually a problem?  Or just a stylistic
issue?  I ask because I'm reluctant to change the default LINK rules
that Automake sets up.  Ok, fine ... you're free to use this as another
reason to hate Automake :-)

(I have been meaning to switch us over to using AM_CFLAGS instead of
CFLAGS in configure.ac, but that's a whole other issue :-/)