Re: [Nmh-workers] Dodgy $LINK in generated Makefile

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Dodgy $LINK in generated Makefile
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:28:11 -0800

On 2013-02-01, at 3:41 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> And .... hmm, you know, -ansi is
> already conditionalized with GCC, so I'm wondering what is going wrong
> there; in a perfect world, it shouldn't be adding -ansi to that.

Somebody should check the revised logic in the changes I made to the flag
detection.  I did that at 5 a.m. after an all-nighter, and my brain was pretty
toasty at that point.

By rights, neither clang nor Solaris cc should be seeing -ansi.  clang has bugs
in the front-end driver that cause problems when you try to use -ansi.  It's
better to use clang's '-std=c89' instead. (The latest Solaris compiler seems to
want -Xc99=none for c89 compliance. I haven't tried this yet.)

--lyndon