Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:17:33 -0500

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 08:38:15 PST, Lyndon Nerenberg said:

> Rather than guess, we should treat the absence of a From: header in an
> outgoing message as a configuration error and abort the send. This
> change makes the creation of a components file with a 'From:' header
> mandatory; the code that initializes the Mail/ folder should probably be
> extended to prompt for a default From address which is then used to
> create a minimal components file.

That's probably the only actually correct solution.  Yes, it's not in any
way backward-combatable, but it's probably what we should be doing
going forward.

Jeff's point regarding a 2.0 release is probably moot - I think we got enough
in the pipe already that the next release will have to be a 2.0 anyhow. ;)