Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Yoshi Rokuko
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:27:00 +0100

Earl Hood:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I thought about breaking up the MIME parts, but I decided that the
> > problem with that was that I believe there is value to still having
> > the original message around.
>
> Just think of SMIME, PGP, DKIM, et.al.  Preserving the original
> message is handy whenever one needs to (re)verify the message
> that are signed or encrypted.

I disagree, one should break up the MIME parts. There is not value in
keeping MIME beasts in your file system. If it's encrypted MIME there
should be a command that decrypts and detangles mails. Why store a
mail encrypted on your encrypted hard drive, I always decrypt and verify
my mails only once.

I would love this, obscure mails arrive and the system converts them
into what I prefer - separate files, all text utf8 and so on ... ;-)

Best regards, Yoshi