myexperiment-discuss

RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] "Intelligent" storage of workflows

From: I . H . C . Wassink
Subject: RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] "Intelligent" storage of workflows
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:01:12 +0100

Dear All,

Last week, We (Me together with many other people, among others, Katy, Marco,
Pieter) have submitted a paper to a workshop that is about analysing workflows
stored at myExperiment. The funny part is that it is implemented as a workflow
too!

The workflow download the xml of the workflows stored at myExperiment and
analyses the tasks that are used (BioMoby, Biomart etc). The workflow further
analyses the amount of tasks spend to local workers, web services, scripting
and sub-workflows. An R script is used to perform the statistical analysis. The
workflow makes use of the Xpath processor to easily collect the information
about the processors.

It will be easy to adapt the workflow to collect the data-links between these
processors.

An advantage of implementing your analysis as a workflow too is that you can
share it, but also refer to it in your papers (the referee and others are able
to validate your analysis).

The workflow can be found at:
http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/648

I hope this will be helpful.