Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:07:36 -0700

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Felipe Contreras <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then I tried to update to your latest revision and I'm getting a
> failure from fast import. I'm attaching the report.

Ah, I read your comments in the code, so it fails when the author is
not defined... I think that should be optional.

How about this patch?

I think it will fail for any author not listed in the --authors-file that *does* have an email address with < and > around it because it will get wrapped in an extra set of < and >.

I know that creating an author map to handle all of the various authors is a pretty major PITA. I'm not sure what the best thing to do here is though. I didn't think the previous code that was trying to detect various types of author names and fix them was particularly robust. I'm open to suggestions but at the moment I think getting a list of authors and commiters from these queries and scripting up a proper author map is probably the best approach to the problem.

      // 'select distinct keypair from revision_certs'
      // 'select distinct value from revision_certs where name = "author"'

Cheers,
Derek