Re: [Monotone-devel] sqlite fix for gcc-4.2.x bug..

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] sqlite fix for gcc-4.2.x bug..
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:38:20 +0200

Hi,

Thomas Keller wrote:
Hrm... I think we'd have to output the signer of every cert then, since
technically each cert can have a different signer (or one revision can
have two complete cert sets, like our accidential clean merge rev has).

True. That would get confusing...

One could, however, introduce a new cert "committer" which would then be
set to the signer of the cert.

Uh.. seems redundant, data-wise. And looking at how different projects handle their different processes, it's probably up to the project's team to decide what exactly an 'author' and a 'signer' is (withing the given boundaries of monotone's inherent meaning).

But on the other hand I think this would
be not a good idea to implement now, since we actually want to get rid
of additional certs / merge common certs into one and do not want to
introduce even more new ones...

Full ACK.

Regards

Markus