Re: [Monotone-devel] sqlite fix for gcc-4.2.x bug..

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] sqlite fix for gcc-4.2.x bug..
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:23:24 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht schrieb:
> Yeah, that's one of the reasons for loving monotone, isn't it? (Another
> one is having two people reacting immediately upon a request for
> applying a patch :-) )

Indeed, we're so lovely nerds =)

> As this '--author' option just confused me, I got to think about who's
> the "author" and who's the "signer" of a patch. Can monotone be
> configured to also show the signer(s) of the certificates for 'mtn log'?

Hrm... I think we'd have to output the signer of every cert then, since
technically each cert can have a different signer (or one revision can
have two complete cert sets, like our accidential clean merge rev has).

One could, however, introduce a new cert "committer" which would then be
set to the signer of the cert. But on the other hand I think this would
be not a good idea to implement now, since we actually want to get rid
of additional certs / merge common certs into one and do not want to
introduce even more new ones...

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog