Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:28:36 +1000

On 24/07/2007, at 5:03 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:39:45 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte <address@hidden> said:

richard> In message <E5C14D28- address@hidden> on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:22:02 +1000, William Uther <address@hidden> said:
richard>
richard> willu.mailingLists> mtn: choose one with 'mtn checkout - r<id>' richard> willu.mailingLists> mtn: error: could not remove '/ zfs_space/export/home/mtbldbot/slave-dir/full-sparc-solaris10- sunstudio11/build/tester_dir/clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/ test_dir1': Invalid argument
richard>
richard> Especially the "Invalid argument" bullshit (sorry) gives me a
richard> number of red flags.  Could there be a special file in there
richard> that doesn't get removed?  Could it be that it was removed in
richard> a different manner?  I've no clue, I've never played with
richard> that file system...

At this point, I'm at do_read_directory (in unix/fs.cc) and wondering
if some things in there aren't a bit misplaced.  Why does it decide to
ignore broken symlinks, especially when the consumers are supposed to
remove them?  I dunno what zfs does, but having played with NFS and
AFS, I've learned to expect the unexpected...

Yeah - broken symlinks should be returned as files I would have thought.

Will      :-}