Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:08:03 +1000

On 24/07/2007, at 4:39 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:

Question, are you getting the exact same error in a different Solaris
environment?  I'd like to see a "second opinion", so to say.  You see,
I'm wondering if zfs is coming into play here:

Nah - I was looking at the buildbot output.  Sorry.

willu.mailingLists> mtn: error: could not remove '/zfs_space/export/ home/mtbldbot/slave-dir/full-sparc-solaris10-sunstudio11/build/ tester_dir/clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/test_dir1': Invalid argument

Especially the "Invalid argument" bullshit (sorry) gives me a number
of red flags.  Could there be a special file in there that doesn't get
removed?

Hrm. If by "Special file" you mean the database that should have been created in:

/zfs_space/export/home/mtbldbot/slave-dir/full-sparc- solaris10sunstudio11/build/tester_dir/ clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/test_dir1/_MTN/mtn.db

Removing that file is what causes problems on windows. But there no error when that file is removed. There is no error when the '_MTN' directory is removed. The error only happens when 'test_dir1' is finally removed.

Has anyone considered altering the test to remove the '1' on the end of the path, like this:

check(nodb_mtn("--branch=testbranch", "clone", testURI, "test_dirA"),
         1, false, true)
xfail_if(ostype == "Windows", not exists("test_dirA"))

That shouldn't help... but?

If you're worried about verbosity (what is it with Unixly people and
verbosity?????), make it a debugging thingy, not a warning that get's
output always...

It still slows down every recursive remove. I'd prefer that it was added by the person debugging and then removed afterwards. Especially if it turns out not to be useful... which is likely.

Cheers,

Will         :-}