[Monotone-devel] Re: Using monotone in a team

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Using monotone in a team
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:04:45 -0000

Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:16:10PM -0000, Boris wrote:
> > I'm looking for a new revision control system and I'm very impressed
> > from
> > monotone so far. I read the documentation and understand how the
> > development
> > process looks like. I've some questions though:
> >
> > After synchronizing how do I see what changes came in? I can do a 'mtn
> > update' but then 'mtn diff' doesn't show me anything. Is there a way to
> > see
> > what another developer actually changed (the one my database was
> > synchronized with) before or after I update my workspace?
>
> You can use:
>
>  log {--diffs} --next n

Why curly brackets for diff?

>  diff -r h:
>
> The latter will show you the inverse diffs that would take the newly
> arrived head back to your current workspace contents..  we still lack

This only works after an update command and the newly arrived head has been
added to the workspace already, right? I ask as the documentation says that
diff "will print the differences between the base revision and the current
revision in the workspace". If I want to see differences between the current
revision in the workspace and new revisions currently in the database I must
use log --diffs --next?

Boris