[Monotone-devel] Using monotone in a team

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Using monotone in a team
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:18:33 -0000

I'm looking for a new revision control system and I'm very impressed from
monotone so far. I read the documentation and understand how the development
process looks like. I've some questions though:

After synchronizing how do I see what changes came in? I can do a 'mtn
update' but then 'mtn diff' doesn't show me anything. Is there a way to see
what another developer actually changed (the one my database was
synchronized with) before or after I update my workspace?

How should software development in a team be organized ideally? Shall I use
several branches?

I ask as I might not want to accept every change a developer came up with.
Currently I can only do a 'mtn update' and whatever was synchronized ends up
in my workspace. Do I miss anything? Or is this just the way monotone works?

Thanks in advance,
Boris