Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:21:09 -0700

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 11:39:18PM -0400, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> On the other hand from what I understand of Monotone it needs
> the revisions in oldest->newest order, as does SVN.

Monotone stores file deltas new->old, similar to git.  It should be
reasonably efficient at turning them around if it has to, though -- so
long as you give all the versions of a single file at a time, so
there's some reasonable locality, instead of jumping all around the
tree.

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."