[Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import

From: Shawn Pearce
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:18:09 -0400

Jakub Narebski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Shawn Pearce wrote:
>
> > Originally I wanted Jon Smirl to modify the cvs2svn (...)
>
> By the way, will cvs2git (modified cvs2svn) and git-fast-import publicly
> available?

Yes.  I want to submit git-fast-import to the main Git project and
ask Junio to bring it in.

However right now I feel like the code isn't up-to-snuff and won't
pass peer review on the Git mailing list.  So I wanted to spend a
little bit of time cleaning it up before asking Junio to carry it
in the main distribution.  My pack mmap window code is actually
part of that cleanup.

I think the goal of this thread is to try and merge the ideas
behind Jon's modified cvs2svn into the core cvs2svn, possibly
causing cvs2svn to be renamed to cvs2notcvs (or some such) and
having a slightly more modular output format so Git, Monotone and
Subversion can all benefit from the difficult-to-do-right changeset
generation logic.

--
Shawn.