Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: pretty pretty pictures (for some value of prett

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: pretty pretty pictures (for some value of pretty)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:32:42 -0500

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 15:17 -0700, Rob Schoening wrote:
> <<I still think monotone is the best open-source VCS/SCM around>>
>
> I'll definitely second this.
>
> As a monotone user reading this list fairly consistently, I actually
> think that monotone is *MUCH* closer to being at a v1.0 state than the
> core development team might think.  So oddly, every time new features
> get discussed on this, I find myself a bit disappointed....only
> because the feature set that's already there is nearly sufficient.

Looking at our roadmap file (horribly out of date...), it looks like
what's left before 1.0 pretty much consists of merge-into-workspace
(which is being worked on now) and a better permissions system (which is
what the 'project'/'trust branch' system being discussed would do). I'd
personally also add the "automate inventory" change/fix, which I think
is mostly finished and sitting on a branch somewhere.

Tim

--
Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net