Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: pretty pretty pictures (for some value of prett

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: pretty pretty pictures (for some value of pretty)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:41:02 +1000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 05:32:42PM -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 15:17 -0700, Rob Schoening wrote:
> > <<I still think monotone is the best open-source VCS/SCM around>>
> >
> > I'll definitely second this.
> >
> > As a monotone user reading this list fairly consistently, I actually
> > think that monotone is *MUCH* closer to being at a v1.0 state than the
> > core development team might think.  So oddly, every time new features
> > get discussed on this, I find myself a bit disappointed....only
> > because the feature set that's already there is nearly sufficient.
>
> Looking at our roadmap file (horribly out of date...), it looks like
> what's left before 1.0 pretty much consists of merge-into-workspace
> (which is being worked on now) and a better permissions system (which is
> what the 'project'/'trust branch' system being discussed would do). I'd
> personally also add the "automate inventory" change/fix, which I think
> is mostly finished and sitting on a branch somewhere.

My pet wishes in the basic history model dept, flashy features aside:
File revival (die die die must die) and some sort of file copy/clone
(such as for when splitting a large file into several smaller ones).

Both are useful in themselves, but also important when migrating
histories from other tools with these capabilities.

--
Dan.