Re: [Monotone-devel] A Two-Fold Proposal: On Formats And Front-Ends

From: Conrad Steenberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] A Two-Fold Proposal: On Formats And Front-Ends
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:09:53 -0700

Hi Larry

Just a note that we've been using JSON for a while to develop web
services and are really happy with it, compared to various XML
incantations.

E.g. it makes implementing snappy DHTML interfaces very simple because
the Javascript interpreter inside browsers can interpret JSON directly,
without having to deal with browser differences in XML DOM
implementations.

Now if only monotone used standard X509 (*) certs I could imagine
writing a monotone web interface using a specialized web server that
talks over the pipe with a monotone back-end.

Cheers

Conrad

(*) Pet peeve of mine, having to deal with monotone keys, ssh keys, PGP
keys, X509 certs/keys and SILC keys which ALL use their own different
formats. Sigh.