[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone over ssh (was Re: monotone newcomer - seve

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone over ssh (was Re: monotone newcomer - several questions)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:00:03 -0700

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 10:17 +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> Since it uses certificates it should be attack-proof. The ssh branch is
> (in my opinion as the branch coder ;-) ) inferior to port forwarding
> (aka firewall circumventing) via ssh because port forwarding solves

One of my favorite features of vncviewer is it's built in port
forwarding flag, ie. you can use

vncviewer -via address@hidden internalserver:1

To tunnel the traffic through externalserver to machine internalserver
(a name which might only resolve on externalserver).

Yeah, I *can* set up the port forwarding by hand, but this is just so
much more convenient ;)  Would it be possible to have a similar mode for
the monotone client?

thanks,
-emile