Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: change_set.cc:56

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: change_set.cc:565: invariant 'I(entries.find(p) == entries.end())' violated
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:29:34 -0700

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:34:55PM +0200, Daniel Vogelheim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You wrote:
> >Usually, what this means is that you tried renaming a file from A to
> >B, but there was already a file with name B in the repository; I'd
> >check to see if that's the case.  If so, you need to delete or rename
> >B out of the way, before you can rename A to it.
>
> Yes, thank you. I apparently had already added the file in the new
> location, before reading the manual and deciding that rename is a
> better way to do this. So the B file was not in the repository, but in
> the 'work' list. I then deleted the MT/work file, and all went fine.

"monotone drop" works equally well on files that aren't in the repo
yet, as well, it undoes a "monotone add". :-)

For completeness, I'll mention that "monotone revert" will only work
on files that aren't in the repo yet, but it will undo either a
"monotone add" or a "monotone drop".  (If you try to undo a drop with
an add, monotone will think that you have just happened to create a
new file with a similar name to an old one, and merging will get
confused.)

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey