Re: [Monotone-devel] Modifying monotone

From: Bryan Woods
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Modifying monotone
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 14:04:58 -0700

On May 1, 2005, at 9:19 am, Jon Bright wrote:

Bryan Woods wrote:
How difficult would it be to convince monotone to function without a working copy? I need to manipulate the repository directly. All state (read: "files") are stored in the application until commited.

It's perhaps not the most graceful solution, but would it be worth considering having the application create (or update) a working copy before calling monotone?

That's one of the things I'm considering. It would require partitioning the data so I can create working copies of subsets of the data as needed. Branches could be abused to accomplish this. I think that that will cause other problems though.