[Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:21:18 +0100

"graydon hoare" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> yes, I was thinking I'd someday get around to adding commands for
> ls attrs" etc. and make the rename / drop commands adjust .mt-attrs
> as necessary.

That makes sense.  It fits conveniently with the way subversion does
things, too (although subversion attributes are often quite different,
of course).  Humans will need to resolve conflicts, presumably, but I
guess mostly that'll involve selecting which lines to keep, so it
won't matter if the file isn't all that easily editable.

[...]

> honestly if it makes people feel better for the time being, feel
> free to switch to the no-leading-or-trailing-whitespace version that
> richard posted, perhaps file a bug saying so. it *is* more user
> friendly, and the residual failure is minor. it isn't a big enough
> problem to get all upset about.

I agree.  It really doesn't matter much whether the format allows
arbitrary whitespace or stays as it is.  What fooled me was the
combination of an odd format and documentation that included an
example which didn't work.  Changing either seems reasonable.