[Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:14:14 -0400

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:22:20 +0100, Bruce Stephens <address@hidden> wrote:

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

Do you have a possibility to check that I haven't forgotten
anything?  I'm quite short on time, so I haven't made any tests.

The code's obviously correct, as far as it goes.  I don't know whether
there's anything else which reads .mt-attrs, but I'd guess not.

eh, actually, I would prefer to:

 - stick with one space
 - change the regex to handle files with leading whitespace in names
 - change the manifest regex similarly
 - make sure it complains when you apply an attribute to " foo" and
   only "foo" exists (generally: report errors better)

another possibility is just to upgrade everything to use basic_io.cc
from the changeset branch. I don't like this whitespace-delimiting
business at all. I'm not sure how universally to apply basic_io.cc, but
its tokenizer is imho preferable for machine-read files: it has both a
count and delimiters at both sides of a user-provided string, which
should make accidental corruption much less likely.

-graydon