Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-attrs formatting
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:59:00 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:30:08 -0700, Kevin Smith
<address@hidden> said:

yarcs> graydon hoare wrote:
yarcs> > no doubt. but neither will pretending like we can "intelligently"
yarcs> > guess when a user means to have leading or trailing spaces and when
yarcs> > they do not. apparantly some users do. windows users seem to like
yarcs> > this stuff.
yarcs>
yarcs> In all my years of Windows, I can't remember ever seeing a leading or
yarcs> trailing space in a filename. Spaces *within* filenames, sure. But not
yarcs> leading or trailing.

I've seen leading spaces in file names, obviously with the purpose to
make sure they end up first in the "normal" file listing in the
Windows explorer...

Cheers,
Richard

-----