[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and Boost 1.30.x

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and Boost 1.30.x
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:30:42 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:
Has anyone build monotone successfully with the latest
snapshot of the Boost libraries? I need to use the latest
version because the older versions don't support Python 2.3,
but I'm having trouble compiling Monotone now. It appears,
that the naming scheme of the libboost*.so files has changed
between releases and thus the monotone build won't find the
library files anymore.

I haven't tried building with any newer snapshots. I'll be moving -- as rapidly as I have time to do so -- to boost 1.31.0 once it shows up in common distros, now that it's "out the door". boost tends to be pretty serious about it when they do a release. there's a lot of nice new stuff (and bugfixes) since 1.30.x.

unfortunately I've just had a hardware fault on my debian build machine, and I expect to see 1.31.0 show up in debian first. rotten timing!

-graydon