Re: patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs modification
Date: 25 Jul 2002 16:02:37 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> i've uploaded on CVS patch for support ARGMAX arguments for start/stop
> programs (ARGMAX is constant defined in monitor.h.in). By default 10
> arguments are allowed (it should be maybe more by default ?). If the
> start/stop program defines more then this limit, monit will write
> error to the log and the spawned child will exit.

Unfortunately I think there could be a problem by splitting on space
only. F.ex. Statements like these will not work correctly:

   /bin/sh -c { echo $$ > pidfile; exec program }
   /bin/date "+%Z %b %e %T"

The problem is to identify strings, { blocks} et cetera and paste them
as _one_ argument. What do you think?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland