Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.5 error

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.5 error
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:25:03 +0200

Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I am having problems compiling gcc 4.5 from hg repo
> the error is
[...]
> and the log file tell me that patch is no applied beucase I am no using
> macos, that's fine I am  using Gnu/Linux Debian

Upgrading GCC is a major effort of work, especially if things
of MinGW don't work as expected. That's why we still stick with
GCC-4.4.0 and don't use 4.4.3 or 4.5.x.

Others have already tried to upgrade GCC, but up to know, they
all failed. Maybe one of them could give you some hints.

If you get this working in a clean way, even when it's working
just rudimentarily, feel free to propose a patch. I'd be happy
to see some progress on that, but I don't have the time to do
that by myself, and for almost all purposes, GCC-4.4.0 is absolutely
good enough.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR