Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.5 error

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.5 error
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:07:51 +1000

2010/4/19 Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa <address@hidden>:
> Hi all.
> I am having problems compiling gcc 4.5 from hg repo
> the error is

[snip..]

> and the log file tell me that patch is no applied beucase I am no using
> macos, that's fine I am  using Gnu/Linux Debian

Generally, patches are specific to a release, this OSX patch is fixed
in GCC 4.4.1 and later. You can simply delete it, though you'll
probably find the gcc-tdm patches may fail also. These are more
runtime related patches, last time I checked, mingw-cross-env builds
successfully without them - but I've no idea how well the resulting
binaries work.

For newer gcc versions, mingw-w64 seems to be on the bleeding edge.
I've been experimenting with it on and off, but so far can't get past
building simple projects. The larger libraries (Boost, Qt) fail for
reasons that are hard to isolate between gcc, 64 bit issues, and cross
building problems.

I'll try to ming-cross-env-ify my experiments and post them here.