microdc-devel

RE: [microdc-devel] Problem compiling XML stuff on debian sarge

From: Vladimir Chugunov
Subject: RE: [microdc-devel] Problem compiling XML stuff on debian sarge
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:30:59 +0300

Hello Sebastian,

the previous version of libxml2 had a problem with storing XML file in UTF-8 -
it replace all non-ASCII characters with character hex code instead storing in
native UTF8 encoding - but I'm not sure from which version it was fixed. I had
libxml2 2.6.17 from another project and it has this problem fixed so I set this
version for configure script because I'm sure with this version it is working
correctly.

I can propose the following workaround:

Let find the following string in the configure.ac or configure script itself

"if test $LIBXML2_VERSION -ge 2617; then"

and change 2617 number with 2616.
In case of changing configure.ac run autoconf to generate new configure script.

Please inform me if you'll get a positive result with version 2.6.16 - I'll
change the requirement for libxml2 in the configure for all future releases.

Regards, Vladimir.