mailman

Re: List owner password reset

From: Valentin Villenave
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:49:23 +0100

On 11/24/18, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> please don't blame us as we are simply the messengers here.

Oh, most certainly! That was in no way intended as a grievance, least
of all towards you guys. Having "subscribed" again to the very ML I’m
supposed to be in charge of, I’m relieved to notice that this list
turns out not to be as dormant as I feared, since for months I’ve only
been receiving bounces notifications but none of the actual
discussions happening there…

Perhaps there is some disclaimer I missed, but if not, dumb ML admins
such as yours truly *could* perhaps benefit from having a big warning
somewhere, reminding us that being listed as an "owner" doesn’t make
you a "subscriber", but that these two roles are indeed entirely
separate (with different accounts and passwords), neither one of which
subsumes the other.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, and please rest assured that there are
no hard feelings on my part. Keep up the good work! :-)

Cheers,
V.