mailman

Re: List owner password reset

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 14:17:52 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
> > The string "val" does not appear in any subscribed address, so the
> > you-are-not-subscribed message seems correct. I trust you can subscribe
> > yourself if desired.
>
> Oh, I thought the owner would automatically be treated as a subscriber
> as well (sort of like a moderator-plus-plus). Seems like a recipe for
> backseat-admins disconnected from what’s actually going on in the
> trenches...

1. We have 1,500+ mailing lists!  Can you imagine our default owner
address being subscribed to all of them?

2. This is simply stock Mailman behavior.  We are using Mailman but
didn't author it.  We really have no control over it.  And I
personally have a long list of gripes about it.

In other words, please don't blame us as we are simply the messengers
here.

Bob