m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] math unicode

From: Urs Holzer
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] math unicode
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 12:01:35 +0100

Hi

विश्वासो वासुकेयः (Vishvas Vasuki) wrote:
> I was mulling transferring my mathematics notes from latex to mathml
> and that led to wondering whether there exists a suitable m17n map
> to enter math.
>
> I found <http://www.andonyar.com/rec/2008-03/mathinput/> and modified
> one - thanks to Urs (cc-ed). I didn't want the $/@ state changes in
> the original file as it is easy enough to switch to and from any
> given input method using shortcut keys (I use ibus + ubnutu 12.04).

Glad you like it. I would be happy to see it added to the package. In my
opinion, there are currently not enough good input methods for
mathematics and even this one lacks many important symbols.

Please change the title ``(title "StateMath")'' to something else,
because you removed the state changes. Also, you can remove
  (switchtoinit
    ("$" "")
  )
as this state doesn't exist anymore.

Maybe you also like my MathML editor Gemse:
<http://www.andonyar.com/rec/2008-12/gemse/>
I often use a text editor in combination with Gemse in order to write
HTML interspersed with MathML formulas. I am currently prepairing a new
release which will hopefully work with newer versions of Firefox and fix
some bugs.

Greetings
Urs