lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 100 14:47:38 -0500 (EST)

> I'm using Lynx/2.8.3dev.18 with ncurses_version=4.2.980228 (stock SuSE 6.2)
>

> I have a problem in making the mouse work on the console. Here is what I
> have done in my efforts:
>
> - I have compiled --with-screen=ncurses
> - I have checked that 'strings which lynx | fgrep -i gpm' gives me the two
>   lines: lib_gpm_initscr
>          lib_gpm_Gpm_Open
>
> Which according to Raju's tips is a sign of things working.

Do the ncurses test programs work with the mouse (and gpm)?   Some versions
of gpm are distributed in a form that prevents the libgpm from linking
properly with ncurses (that's an faq).  I see this if I do 'nm' on libgpm.so
and see if wgetch is defined in it - not listed as an external.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden