lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx386 last ver.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx386 last ver.
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:18:48 -0500 (EST)

991115 Ing Alejandro Lieber wrote:
> I am runing lynx for DOS ver 2.8.1 on a 40 Mhz 386 with 5 Mby memory
> and an old yellow hercules monitor.  Results are exellent.
> I have stopped using IE on a 586 if I really don't need images.

you may be able to use images with an external program, it you try.

> I have seen that ver. 2.8.3 has appeared.

not quite: the latest release is 2-8-2 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release ;
you can try the latest development version 2-8-3dev.14
from  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current .  if you want a pre-compiled binary,
start at  lynx.browser.org/  & follow the links to `binaries'.

> I would like to know what diferences exist between this two versions.

there have been lots of improvements & more are being added:
you really have to get them & see for yourself.