lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Which key for textarea external editor? (was: textarea no w

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Which key for textarea external editor? (was: textarea no wrap ...)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:15:32 +0900 (JST)

> > Why so much pluralism here? (^Ve, ^Xe, ^E^E, etc., but no default value)
                ^^^^^^^^^
Very much opposed to pluralism and duplication.  Simple is best.

As for ^E^E, seems fine.  Would tend to prefer ^Ee if that is an option.
I like using 'e' because it is a natural for the function of EDIT.  As
long as it is not harmful on some platform (say Windows) or to some
terminal emulator or voice renderer, then I can see no reason why it
shouldn't be the default.  What's good about 'v'?

$0.02

__Henry