lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Dosish diffs for MingW32 version of November 3 lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dosish diffs for MingW32 version of November 3 lynx
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:40:44 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 address@hidden wrote:
(quoting me)
> >On Sat, 13 Nov 1999 address@hidden wrote:
> >
> >> Aw, gee.  My internet provider doesn't let me have access to sites with
> >> diff.exe.  Maybe someone can send me a FreeDos version.  And, for your
> >
> >Hard to believe. The DJGPP version I quoted is available on every SIMTEL
> >mirror around the world.
>
> Dougie, you wouldn't believe the members of this forum who wrote to me
> at one time or another that they didn't have access to alt.binaries.misc,
> and would I please email them a copy of lynx.exe.  And, besides, I am
> retired on a pension, and my internet provider is unbelievably stingy
> about my using ftp sites.

I take it, then, that your original message quoted above should have
had a smiley attached. It wasn't obvious. If http is really easier,
there are lots of http mirrors of simtel. Also don't forget the
web-to-mail services that will send encoded binaries.
"http://oak.oakland.edu/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/dif271b.zip";
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman