lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TRST & lynxcgi

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TRST & lynxcgi
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:35:12 -0500 (EST)

991108 Klaus Weide replied to Philip Webb:
>> sed: command garbled: \
>> /<[Tt][Aa][Bb][Ll][Ee]/,/<\/[Tt][Aa][Bb][Ll][Ee]/{;\
>>   :L;\
>> /<TD/{;\
>> /<\/TD>/!{;\
>>    N;\
>>    bL\
>>   }
> Sorry, it seems my sed syntax isn't portable to your sed.

i DO know something about sed, tho' i'm out of practice;
it does vary with systems somewhat, i seem to remember.

at this point, my efforts stop: i'm not interested in practising sed
& in any case lynxcgi is being stretched a bit here:
cp the disclaimer in Supported URLs.
all this simply shows workarounds are not that easy
& here as elsewhere Lynx has to accept the bumps in the e-highway
& do its best to absorb the shocks: that already works well with TagSoup
& should work equally well when someone creates TableSoup.
it's on my list, but first i have to find a chunk of time.