lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3dev12: saving options

From: Rick Lewis
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3dev12: saving options
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:38:10 -0700 (MST)

I thought I saw something about this before dev12, but maybe it was
after. Is there any documented problem in option-saving?
Also, I was helping a friend and using the forms_options menu.
When lynx was changed to dev12, his bookmark file path wasn't
accepted by dev12. After backing it up, I created a new file by adding a
link, and instead of putting it in lynx_bookmarks.html, it was put in
BOOKMARK_FILE:lynx_bookmarks.html (yes, the "BOOKMARKS_FILE" part
was actually in the filename.
Are these known problems, or did I miss something? I didn't have to
do anything with my own bookmark file using the same dev version of lynx
for some reason.
Also, I think it's a bit unclear on forms_options which option does
what in saving changes.
Somehow saving to disk and then accepting changes doesn't seem to save
them.
I'm using this lynx on BSD2.1.
--Rick