lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:03:41 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > > Hmm, perhaps you right ;-)
> > > He have done several changes but I have not looked so close as you does.
> >
> >   Please, point some of them. Seems that I made very few modifications (~5)
>
> Auxiliary is misspelled Auxilary.

 This typo can should be fixed in one file - /scripts/cats and
'make clean all' in the /scripts dir.

> -- each time I find (or am told about) a problem, I look for other
> occurrences,
>    e.g., run ispell on the whole file.  Usually it's not the only occurrence.
>
> -- on the whole, the idea is good (most of us agree to that).  But I'd
>    prefer generating the two forms from a single file (perhaps markup
>    the original lynx.cfg transparently).  Now that 2.8.2 is 'official',
>    I'll start reviewing your patch.

  Both forms are generated already (this was implemented since the 1st
realeased version of the patch - please inspect it more carefully) - ie
lynx.cfg is generated too (even with emitted commands like STARTFILE, HELPFILE
that are present in distribution's lynx.cfg).
 Since cpp is used at stage 2, we can write macros that will generate any
markup depending on macros - this approach is already used - when lynx.cfg is
generated,  macro GENERATING_CFG is defined as '1' - and some macros that do
formatting depend on the presense of GENERATING_CFG - like macro @HERE - it
is defined as following:

#if !GENERATING_CFG
#   define @HERE   in configuration file
#else
#   define @HERE   here
#endif

> > to make the description clearer (from my POV) and to make text structure
> > more
> > suitable for htmlization (if I made grammar error in the phrase
> > 'in configuration file', then it can be fixed in a second - it's generated
> > by
> > the macro).
> >
> >   Anyway, I done conversion in ~8 hours of one day, so I was so tired to
> > make
> > spelling errors.
>
> yes - that's my point.  it's a lot of work to do and keep in sync.
>
>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad