lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:07:53 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> > http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8/lynx2-8/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
>                                   ^^^     ^^^
> as TD pointed out, that link was deleted long ago, around 2-8-2dev.20

Perhaps, but it was still posted on the public page noted above. (I
assume that the public URLs don't get changed from 2-8 to 2-8-x with each
passing point release so that other links and bookmarks to these pages
will still function - a good plan.) Anyway, TD has corrected that page
now. Thanks, Tom.

Also remember that while 2-8-2-dev* is a long time back for developers,
until 2.8.2 is released, the one of record is 2.8.1 ... and _that_ one
still has the webtechs reference in it. The real 2.8.2 release will
correct this. I just didn't want Lynx to get an unjustified reputation for
refering to "those kinds" of sites - there is enough media paranoia out
there already over this sort of thing elsewhere.

BTW, thanks to the original poster who called attention to this -- I have
fixed a client site that had a reference to this page also.

And thanks once again for all the other patches.

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032