lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynxexec

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxexec
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:37:04 +0900 (JST)

> i maintained that security had been over-hyped as regards Lynx due
> primarily to its origin on a freenet for anonymous users which
> function was now affected a small minority of installations

There is no hard data either way to support or deny your tirade.

> i have no wish to repeat the earlier debate, which is in the Archive,

Then why bring it up?  I would have infinitely more respect for you if
you'd give it a rest.  No user is at odds with another.  Please state
your case without pitting one against the other.  We all benefit from a
better Lynx.

> but the same question does arise here: eg (as you quote) FM says at

You may say what you like about Fote, but you'll not find one sane
person who would think of him as _selfish_.  For three plus years he
devoted much too much of his life to this project Lynx, from which
we all, whether library patron or individual user, reap tremendous
benefits.

__Henry