lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynxexec

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxexec
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:43:50 +0300 (MSK)

> I am moving a lynx based menu system from an old machine to a new
> machine.
> The previous version of Lynx on the old machine was 2.4
> I have just compiled 2.8.1 on the new machine an SGI Origin running IRIX
> 6.5
> under gcc.

> The html files are full of the following for example

> <LI> <A href="lynxexec:clear;  OLDTERM=$TERM; TERM=ansi; export TERM;
> seqed
> -check; TERM=$OLDTERM; export TERM">SeqEd</A> editor for entering and
> modifying
> seqences

> And Lynx gives me the following

> Alert!:Executable link rejected due to `;' character.

These seems to be a more generic question:
different URL schemes have different sets of restricted characters
and different encoding/conversion rules.
I think of http URL (URI?), file://localhost (OS dependent)
and now the "lynexec" which is the shell command string.
What is the present lynx status for non-http HREF conversion?