lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT

From: Ajay Bhargav
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:55:14 +0530

> I don't know @BernardXiong or @hichard, but the NAT code is clearly marked
> as originating 2009 from Christian Walter. He was the one uploading this
> code to our bugtracker in 2009, without the right to do so, obviously.
>
> I ended up deleting these files from the bugtracker, but it seems they
> have still made it into rt-thread...
>
> So you can either assume that the two above have talked to Christian
> Walter and cleared up the licensing issue or they aren't aware of this
> fact or they don't care :-)
>
> I just wanted to point this out on this list to ensure we're not to
> blame.
>

> Regards,
> Simon

I completely understand your point. And for sure lwIP is not to blame
at all. I clearly mentioned in my repo that NAT source is not part of
lwIP. Moreover, It may sound odd but I think I may have found the
"real" Christian Walter, the author of lwip_nat source. I also emailed
him to know more and just hoping he responds back. Well the
attribution is there and I am not sure who's to blame. Not me
hopefully :-P

Regards,
Ajay Bhargav