lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT

From: Ajay Bhargav
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:22:54 +0530

> That ones seems pretty inactive? Also, they seem to have a mixed license
> where the NAT part seems to be GPL, while lwIP has a BSD license.
>
> In addition to that, the ip4_nat.c file seems to be based on code
> uploaded to our bugtracker in 2009 which got revoked because the one who
> uploaded it did not have appropriate rights to do so
> (http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7506).
>
> I'd be suprised if that github code was legally correct...
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Hi Simon,

I ported this source from old lwip source used by RT-Thread team
https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread/tree/master/components/net/lwip_nat
I just realized they have modified the license to Apache 2.0 which was
earlier GPL. I shall update that

Moreover I have no idea about patch uploaded in 2009, I also opened up
an issue in their repository asking about issue with licensing since
lwip and NAT code uses different licenses, they confirmed there is no
issue with licensing.
ref: https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread/issues/679

I kept the repo aside only coz of two different licenses. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ajay Bhargav