lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:36:51 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 01:36:06PM +0300, N.Karakotas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm thats a dirty trick! :-)
>
> I have the lwip stack to 1200 bytes
> The ppp thread 1200 bytes.
>
> The only thing running is the ppp the ethernet is idle. It looks
> that something is overflowing or there is a leak in the PPP not
> freeing a pbuf. Before I tried to open a PPP connection send data
> and close the PPP connection but after 2 days I got
> ApplicationMallocFailedHook fired! I don't think the 2 days is a
> coisidence??

This is strange, PPP does not allocate memory from malloc(). The only
one used malloc() left is in chap_ms.c in case of chap ms auth fail,
(and maybe one from EAP auth code). I guess you are not using MSCHAP
nor EAP auth.

Anyway, you are right about pbuf, ppp_input() does not free pbuf in some
cases, this is my fault, but I don't see why it may end with a
ApplicationMallocFailedHook() which seems to be a hook when
pvPortMalloc() (or something) fails while pbuf are not allocated using
malloc()/free() but from a static pre-allocated buffer pool.

Sylvain